We are delighted to continue to support Beanstalk as our chosen charity - a national charity that provides one-to-one literacy support to children who struggle with their reading ability and confidence.
Beanstalk's service is simple yet highly effective. They recruit and support Beanstalk trained reading helpers to provide one-to-one literacy support to children who have fallen behind with their reading.
Their one-to-one reading support changes the child's life:
- Improving their reading ability
- Inspiring confidence in their own ability
- Increasing their enjoyment of reading
Beanstalk reading helpers are trained to recognise what challenges each child faces and tailor their sessions to support each child.
Each Beanstalk trained reading helper works with on average three children and sees each child for two 30 minute sessions a week for a whole year. Together, they read, play and talk. With Beanstalk's support the child's approach to reading and learning is often transformed:
- 93% of the children that Beanstalk supported made improvements in their reading ability
- 74% of the children that Beanstalk supported improved their reading ability by at least two reading sub-levels
- 99% of schools agreed that their reading helpers made a significant impact on the children they supported
For further information on the work of Beanstalk or how to make a donation, please call 0207 729 4087 or visit their website at www.beanstalkcharity.org.uk.